Governance reviews vary depending on the stage of development of the organisaton, its structure and why the organisation is seeking a review. I work closely with my clients to shape reviews so that they meet their needs.
A typical review will include exploration of:
- Board processes - board agenda, board papers, board minutes, annual programme, sub committees
- Roles and skills - balance of operational/strategic understanding, role of the chair, linkage to CEO, board structure, sub-committees, use of external expertise
- Board development and renewal - selection, induction, trustee reviews, succession planning
- Function - strategic leadership, policy management, managing risk, monitoring, decision making
- Dynamics - how the board connects, explores, challenges, resolves conflict and models the organisation's values
Return to homepage